Extended Durability & FLEXIBILITY
Designed specifically to clients needs by dialing in the needs of load bearing capacities and durability independently. Structure longevity can be tailored as needed to exceed 100 years or more below and above water oxygenated zones. O-Pile is made from pipes which allow for essentially three opportunities to limit corrosion: the front wall, the center of the pipe (which can be filled with sand, concrete, other substances) and the opposite wall.
O-Pile Mariner’s double pipe thickness targets design life and the use of sacrificial thickness, exactly where you need it – the Zone of High Attack. With a 100’ pipe, the thickness of the upper 10’ of pipe (denoted by arrows) beets the corrosion allowance, while the bottom 90’ of the pipe is dialed-in to meet load bearing needs. By utilizing double butte joints, the double pipe gives the most efficient use of steel and the most cost-effective solution for durability.
Steel pipe is readily available and produced domestically throughout the United States by several different companies. The ability to be able to spread out the material through several different producers insures that product will be readily available throughout the duration of the project. Steel is easily transported, can be fabricated on site if necessary, and can be stored as required to complete the project when needed.
Ease of Installation
O-Pile is much easier to drive than is often thought: A simple panel is used for pipe alignment; and vibratory hammers, impact hammers, and even press-in methods can be used to bring the piles to grade. Driving obstacles can often be removed from inside the pipes by excavation, drilling, or jetting, without disturbing the environment. That simply means that only one construction method is needed to complete the entire job, no matter the particular conditions of job site! Contractors who drive pipe into the ground are abundant.
Proven Method OF CONSTRUCTION
There are many steel O-Pile projects that have been installed all over the world. It is a proven method of construction used for all types of application used currently by government entities like the Army Corp of Engineers. O-Pile in both domestic and foreign markets include all of the United States, Germany, Japan and the Pacific rim, and because we source pipes locally, we are able to able to deliver highly dynamic and customizable systems, anywhere in the world.
U.S. Jobs: Maryland, NY , NJ , CA, TX
International: Norway, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines, East Timor, Malaysia, Brunei , Japan
O-PILE IS THE MOST VERSATILE, EFFICIENT AND COST-EFFECTIVE STEEL RETAINING WALL/SUPPORT SYSTEM THAT CAN REPLACE STANDARD Z SHEET PILE, COMBINED PIPE/BEAM SSP, SLURRY, SECANT, CONTIGUOUS CONCRETE WALLS AND OTHER CONVENTIONAL CONCRETE CONSTRUCTIONS. O-PILE IS A PATENTED SYSTEM WITH A SERIES OF IMPORTANT ATTRIBUTES.
1. Bending Moment Capacity (BMC): O-Pile systems are stronger than Z, U or combined sheet pile walls as they can be made using high strength hot rolled coil that exceeds the capabilities of hot rolling, allowing for a much larger Bending Moment Capacity. For example O-Pile is available in X80 to provide 80,000 yield strength, where by hot rolling sheet piling is limited to less than 65,000 and typically uses steel with a yield strength of 36,000 or 50,000 psi. The selection of the steel grade has a marked impact on the structural resistance of the pile wall. Selecting a stronger steel grade such as X70 or X80 often allows using piles of smaller diameter or wall thickness. To configure an O-Pile please go to www.O-Pile.com.
2. Strong Connection: the WOM/WOF connector has an interlock strength of 19.5 kips/inch (3418 kN/m); Figure 1 clearly shows the high pull-out resistance of this connection.
3. Double Pipe Thickness: With O-Pile: Mariner, you can “dial in” thickness to meet specific structural load/durability needs to ensure overall safety. For increased durability, thickness can be increased in the upper 15' (4.5m) of the pipe, specifically at the splash- and low-water zones, while the lower majority of the pipe remains at a thickness to meet load-bearing requirements. Additional costly measures, such as coatings, special steel grades or cathodic protection, become unnecessary. This gives the most efficient use of steel and the most cost-effective solution for durability. See Figure 2.
4. DTH (Down the Hole) Drilling: O-Pile: DTH utilizes state-of-the-art DTH drilling techniques that allows its systems to be driven into any ground or rock strata at levels of productivity not achieved before. DTH drilling has been used in these challenging environments: post glacial soils of Norway, boulders of Sweden, granite of Finland, deep bed rock of Hong Kong, through heavy structure in Macau, etc. The O-Pile: DTH Pile is installed with the centric drilling method using ring bits of a larger diameter than standard bits. The ring bit drills a hole larger than the pile to accommodate the WOF/WOM connectors. Sized from 6" (150mm) to 40" (1016mm) pipe can be installed using O-Pile: DTH. Pipes with diameters above 40" (1016mm) utilize a driving method that is more a akin to driving Z-sheet pile. See Figure 3.
5. Superior Sealant: WADIT, the globally proven sheet pile interlock sealant, comes pre-applied in the WOF interlock chamber before delivery to the job site. For more information visit www.WADIT.com or see page 11 of the PilePro Group Overview.
6. Increased Savings: The increased Bending moment capabilities of O-Pile allow the user to construct a stronger wall using much less steel, and hence at a much lower cost. O-Pile works with our customers to ensure we meet your specific project needs. We don’t just sell you a product, we enter into a partnership that starts at the design stage and extends through implementation. Simply put, we deliver the most technically advanced and highly economical system available. Since we locally source pipes, we can always help you find the correct pile size in a broad range of steel grades, which allows you to implement a retaining wall or foundation structure with the best overall economy for all soil conditions and loading situations. O-Pile offers a truly unmatched proven solution.
Click here to download a pdf of the PilePro Group overview. Page 5 is specific to O-Pile.
CONTACT US AT INFO@OPILE.COM TO HAVE US HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROJECT.
Uses for O-Pile.
Virtually any retaining wall application where a moderate to high load-bearing capacity is needed and/or durability is a concern.
MARINE AND WATER ENVIRONMENTS
• Quay Walls
• Dock Constructions
• Roll-on / Roll-off Facilities
• Waterway Supports
• Retaining Walls
• Erosion Control
• Berth Facilities
• Scour Protection
Water Engineering Structures
• Bridge Abutments
• Safety Gates
• Flood Protection Walls
• Pier Foundations
• Contaminated Sites
• Vertical-sealed Enclosure Walls
• Excavations for Soil Replacement
• Tank Enclosures
• Refuse Tipping Ramps
• Pumping Stations
• Sewage Works
• Storm Water Retention Basins
• Noise Protection Walls
• Civil Engineering
• Site Excavations
• Trench Piling
• Underground Parking
• Erosion Control
• Road and Rail
• Support Walls
• Bridge Abutements Ramps
• Sunken Roads
• Broundwater Retention
HARD ROCK STRATA
(only O-Pile: DTH)
Any structure in:
• Glacial strata
• Caustic limestone
• And other strata above 125 megapascals